CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Editing

Yesterday I  quickly wrote my first blog.  I tried to go back and edit it because I  knew as I was typing I would be able to go back and insert commas and look for other errors.  I could not figure out how to edit it and dinner was on the stove.  So, I clicked the publish button hoping that by some small chance that button would just fix everything.

It did NOt fix anything.

Oh boy...is that not life...

We want to go back and edit a comment we should not have said,a purchase we should not have made,a look we should not have given{roll of the eyes},a thought we should have never had and on and on.  Life cannot be edited.  Life happens and we cant take it back.
We cant push a button.
And then there it all is published for all the world to see!

A wise man once told me.."It takes a lifetime to build a good name and a moment to erase that good name.  
Those words have always stuck with me.

My prayer daily is for  the Lord to save my feet from slipping and my tongue from hurting and destroying!
There is a scripture that says...Put a muzzle over my mouth Dear Lord.  

Life truly is a journey and I am thankful I am surrounded by a loving God , family and friends who and gracious enough to forgive and forget the places I need some editing in my daily life!

Praying for that muzzle today!!!

gail

ps...no more editing..it will just appear as it is written.  I am not perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment